lördag 5 januari 2013

Timshel's top 5 of 2012

2013 is now here, open to all the music that we might hear, experience and create. We already started this week by spending a day in the studio working on new songs, listening to music, and recording demos. After hearing the result from that day, I believe that we are now taking new and exciting musical steps, closing in on our "own sound". 

But before we completely throw ourselves into 2013, we thought it would be fun to list some of our most memorable musical experiences from 2012. It took us a few days, but here you have four of the members top five lists from 2012. As you can see, we have both our similarities and differences in our music taste. The differences is what makes being in a band a bit challenging at some times, but also very enriching when these tastes mix together. Hope you enjoy our lists!


Markus
  • Burning Hearts - Extinctions (Album). One of my favorite albums of 2012 is actually by a band with their roots in our hometown Vaasa. Fine quality pop and great songs! 
  • Over 4 hours with The Boss on a beautiful summer evening in Helsinki is never wrong.
  • The soundtrack to the movie Drive just blew me away when I saw the movie in the beginning of 2012.
  • Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours feat. Irfane. A two year old song I discovered this year. Probably the grooviest new song I heard in 2012.
  • Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait (Music Video). The nicely shot live music video of I Will Wait from Red Rocks really caught my attention. Their energy, intensity and joy playing music is very captivating. 
Runner-ups (There was just too much good music last year)
  • First Aid Kit - America Live at Polar Music Prize. First Aid Kit playing a wonderful version of the old Simon & Garfunkel song. 2012 was also the year when I begun discovering Paul Simon
  • Wilco concert in Stockholm. With quite simplistic but still marvelous visual effects, and complex but still quite straightforward music, this was a really ecstatic experience.
Burning Hearts - Extinctions
Patrick
Mumford & Sons - Babel

Daniel
  • Hearing my own music on a documentary airing on national TV.
  • Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts (Album). Not quite the instant connection as I had with The Fall (2009), but it grew on me.
  • Erik Satie. Familiar tunes got a name and new appreciation.
  • St. Vincent - Cruel. Ok, so it was released in 2011, but I'm a slow adapter in this sense...
  • He-man gave me and my friends hours of enjoyment during the spring
Erik Satie
Sebastian
Ukulele-Bass
Springsteen impressed many people this summer in Helsinki during his longest show ever.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar